Knowledge is power in the fight against breast cancer
A person presenting these risk factors will not necessarily develop breast cancer even if he or she appears not to present any of these factors.
Knowing the risks means arming yourself with the knowledge needed to make informed choices for your own health.
Talk to your doctor about evaluating your own personal risk and take appropriate action if needed.
Know the risks:
- Personal history of breast cancer
- Family history of breast and other cancers
- BRCA gene mutations
- Certain genetic conditions
- Other gene mutations
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- Dense breasts
- Reproductive history
- Exposure to ionizing radiation
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Oral contraceptives
- Atypical hyperplasia
- Physical inactivity
- High socio economic status
- Tall adult height
*Note: This list is non-exhaustive
How to reduce your risks?