The CURE Foundation Financial Assistance Program for Breast Cancer Patients was created to address the financial impact of a breast cancer diagnosis on the patient. The program offers a grant of up to $2000 to applicants experiencing financial difficulties to provide some relief from economic hardship during a very challenging time in their life resulting directly from a diagnosis of breast cancer.
- The applicant must be diagnosed with breast cancer (priority given to those in active treatment*) or 6 months post-treatment
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen, approved landed immigrant or permanent resident
- Each application can be submitted for a maximum of $2000 (funds permitting)
- Each applicant can submit one application per year, with a lifetime maximum of $4000 to be allocated in total.
- The application must be signed by either the patient`s social worker, nurse or oncologist
*Active treatment: For the purpose of this application, this refers to surgery, chemotherapy and radiation
- A copy of Notice of Assessment for the last fiscal year (page with detailed calculations)
- A copy of spouse’s Notice of Assessment (if applicable) for the last fiscal year (page with detailed calculations)
- Only if you are on sick leave: Proof that you had employment income in the year prior to your breast cancer diagnosis; last pay stub, recent proof of salary or disability insurance or employment insurance)
- Letter of intent written by the applicant explaining his or her situation in detail and need for financial assistance. Please specify the financial impact your diagnosis has had on you (and your family if applicable) and identify precisely how these funds would be used to ease your financial burden. Kindly indicate the amount being requested.
Click here to download the application